Porto Metro - Gondomar Line
Portugal - Porto
Neopul / Ferrovias, ACE and Balfour Beatty
02‑2010 - 12‑2010
Metro Porto (City Light Rail), functioning as the backbone of Porto's public transport system, has developed a strategy to build up the city LRT system in 21 phases. Steconfer has deal with the construction of the 21st phase.
This stretch connected the Porto Football Club Stadium to Gondomar Terminal and has an 11 month construction period. The main line comprehends 6,54 km of double track:
- 4,80 km double track of open slab on by-block sleepers with Grooved rail profile 41GPU;
- 1,10 km double track of open slab on by-block sleepers with Vignole rail profile 41GPU U50 (on bridges);
- 0,64 km double track of open slab on by-block sleepers with Grooved rail profile 41GPU (on tunnel);
- 12 turnouts;
- Encapsulation system for noise and vibration;
- Sets of transition rails;
- Lubrication systems;
- Drainage, ducting, etc.;
- Mounting of catenary (poles and line suspension);
- Mounting of voltage signs, section isolators and isolating cabinets.
The line designated Section 21, starts at Lourinhã Stop at Porto Stadium and finishes at Contumil Stop, Gondomar passing in two different councils and on and off-streets areas.
Steconfer was fully responsible for the installation of track and OCS system and test and commissioning support.