Biotren extension to Coronel
Chile - Concepción
Agencia Ecisa Chile
03‑2014 - 10‑2016
Awarded to Steconfer in 2013, Biotren to Coronel project connected Concepción city center to nearby towns, crossing its suburbs as a strategy to bring nearby populations closer to the main city, in a faster and safer manner.
Biotren was a key project for the implementation and development of the Concepción metropolitan region.
Biotren’s project consisted of 21 km of ballasted double track including 6 km of single-track renovation, and a small depot of 3 km.
- 19 single turnouts and 8 crossovers
- 6 single turnouts in the depot area
- Supply and application of more than 85000 m3 of ballast aggregate
- 24 vehicle level crossings included earthmoving and platform treatment
- 4200 aluminothermic weldings
- 84000 m of berried cable through ducting polyduct elements
By the end of 2016, Steconfer delivered in time, quality and excellence the project to the infrastructure owner (FESUR) in a successful trial run bringing the “train” to the city suburbs and low-income areas, improving the lives of thousands of people.