North Line - Section 2.3 - Alfarelos-Pampilhosa
Portugal - Coimbra
IP - Infraestruturas de Portugal
04‑2016 - 12‑2017
Full track renovation, including rail, sleepers, and ballast replacement. This section is part of the main railway line connecting Lisbon to Oporto and it is also part of the Railway Line Modernization Program launched by the Portuguese government.
This section connects Alfarelos and Pampilhosa stations and had a 21 months construction period. The main line comprehended 32 km of double track:
- 32 km of ballast replacement
- 26 km of track rail replacement
- 104 km of rail destressing
- 4 turnouts (assembly and installation)
- 87.274 concrete sleeper replacement
- 545 wooden sleeper replacement
Steconfer concluded and delivered the works timely in accordance with the defined scheduled plan.